My boy loves carrot cake, so... I decided to get up early, go to the shop to get the ingredients... 2h later puufff! Carrot cake reaaady :) And honestly, that was the best carrot cake I've ever eaten...
So! What do we need?
For the cake:175g caster sugar
175ml sunflower oil (or any)
175g of self raising flower
3 large eggs
140 grated carrots (I used 4 medium ones)
grated zest of one orange and the juice
1 tbs of bicarbonate of soda
1 tbs of ground cinnamon
2tbs of mixed spice
some finelly chopped nuts, if you like
For the frosting:1 bar of white chocolate
1 tub of mascarpone cheese
leftover juice from orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Grate the carrots, put aside
3. Combine the orange zest, raisins and nuts and orange juice in the container, microwave for 1min, leave to cool (raisins will become moist and very juicy in the cake after that, giving this nice orange flavour)
4. Combine sugar, eggs and oil in the bowl, whisk thoroughly until smooth, add the bicarbonate of soda, flour and spices into the mixture, add carrots and raisins (no juice) mix thoroughly. The cake mixture will be fairly soft and almost runny.
5. prepare the cake tin: oil and line the base and the sides of the tin with the baking parchment. Pour the mixture in and bake for 40-50min (I baked for exactly 40min and it came out beautifully brown)
6. Pour the leftover orange juice from the raisins to the jar or bowl, put the white chocolate in, heat it until the chocolate melted, mix until the chocolate mixes well with the juice. Set aside until cool.
7. Whisk the mascarpone, mix in the white chocolate mixture, put in the freezer to get firm.
8. take the cake out of the tin, leave on the plate until it's only slightly warm.
9. Spread the frosting on top of the cake.
10. ENJOY THE CARROT GOODNESS :))