So! Banoffee pie! Such a traditional thing, so easy to make, yet everybody loves it. It's like a perfect dessert for us ♡
1 handful of hazelnuts (optional, gives an extra crrrrunch)
6 bananas or more /om nom nom/
1 can of caramel /yummy yumm/
pocket of chocolate digestives
100g of butter
250ml of double / whipping cream
What you do:
1. Crumble the cookies in the food processor
2. Melt the butter, mix with the cookie mixture
3. put the cookie base into the pie / tart form, bake in the oven for 10min (200degrees)
After 5/7 min of baking, take the base out, push down if it rose up, put a thin layer of caramel on the base, and put it back into the oven.
Let it cool down.
4. Cut bananas into thin slices.
5. Chop the hazelnuts, put on the caramel base. (Leave a bit for decoration later)
6. Put layers of caramel - bananas - caramel - bananas (leave a bit of bananas on the side for later) leave a bit of caramel on the side.
7. Whip the double cream, divide in half.
8. Mix the leftover caramel with a half of the whipped cream, put on the banana layer.
9. Put the rest of bananas on the caramel cream.
10. Spread the whipped cream on top, decorate with the rest of hazelnuts and sprinkle with chocolate.
11. Put in the fridge to chill.
12. Make yourself a nice coffee with the any leftover caramel you have (well, if you didn't eat it all before:))